The desiger in projucer is gray and siabled,is this a pro function?

can 't find to do a layout method.

i mean the guieditor

You will need to add a GUI component, and go to the Subcomponents tab to be able to add things to the newly created GUI component.

AddGUIComponent

thanks I got it,but seems the gui editor leaks of layout component?

I’m not sure what you mean.

I come from wpf,which has a stackpanel/grid/dockpanel virtual component to hold the label/textblock and etc。。or layout the UI to top/left/bottom/center,then place the label to each grid。
I use guieditor and can’t find such layout object,but only label object to push the total panel

I’m not familiar with WPF, but I think what you’re expecting isn’t lining up with the intent of the Projucer, let alone how it creates and sets up GUI components.

It’s probably a good idea to follow a tutorial: https://docs.juce.com/master/tutorial_main_component.html

There are many more if you want to try to be specific about what you want to learn: https://juce.com/learn/tutorials

thanks for the quickly answer,since its different i should learn first,then post here,thanks。

1 Like

Projucer’s GUI editor does not support the Grid and FlexBox layout objects available in Juce. You probably these days should not be using the Projucer GUI editor at all. It hasn’t been worked on by the Juce team for many years. (But it has been left in Projucer to support existing legacy projects, I guess.)

It would probably make sense to be hidden from the default build and left for such users to compile themselves with #define ENABLE_GUI_EDITOR 1 or some such if they need it, this is the sort of question that will keep coming up and the answer is always “don’t use the GUI editor, it’s there for legacy purposes only”.

3 Likes

dont ’ know what you are saying. but I can use basic button,label on gui editor.
do you mean we have to manual write component by handy?

You probably these days should not be using the Projucer GUI editor at all. It hasn’t been worked on by the Juce team for many years. (But it has been left in Projucer to support existing legacy projects, I guess.)

I still find this GUI editor extremely useful. If a component is not included, you can always add it in the user code sections.

now i try learning with only code,not gui…