BinaryBuilder/Jucer & line ending

Our source control (Perforce) doesn’t like the files created by BinaryBuilder if they are checked-in from a Mac. Same is true for files that were edited by the Jucer.
Turns out the BinaryBuilder alwayes produces text files with a Windows line ending (CR, LF). All of our source version clients use the local line ending. A file check out on Mac and edited by Jucer, would end-up with the wrong line ending. You could also end-up with a mixed line ending, if you further edit the file with an source editor.
Is it too much to ask to support the local line ending ?

Thanks,
Eric

I like all my files to have the same line ending - the idea that running the binarybuilder on different machines would produce different output really appalls me! You’ve got the source, so you could easily hack it to do that if you want, but it sounds to me like your source control needs to be tweaked to accept it, rather than changing the source files.

I’ve got a script that I run before checking files in, which scans all my files and fixes line endings and unnecessary whitespace - maybe that’d be a good approach to use.

As long as your tool chain supports it, you’ll get away with it. VisualStudio for example gets dizzy when you throw it a text file with a Mac line ending.
We could try setting all of our source clients to use Windows style, but we’d like to keep using the local line ending to avoid such issues. Our source server stores it all in a unix style.

[quote=“jules”]You’ve got the source, so you could easily hack it to do that if you want, but it sounds to me like your source control needs to be tweaked to accept it, rather than changing the source files.
I’ve got a script that I run before checking files in, which scans all my files and fixes line endings and unnecessary whitespace - maybe that’d be a good approach to use.[/quote]

We’ll try those options. Thanks.