[bug] Some strange system info stats in Juce demo


I was just checking out the Juce Demo built with the last Juce 5 code from the develop branch, and noticed a few strange things in the “System info” reported statistics on Windows 10:

  1. System up-time: 1 week 5 days

I just started my computer this morning (about 2 hours ago), from a full shutdown last night. So this can’t be correct.

  1. Operating system: Windows 8.0

This is Windows 10 with all the latest updates, so that doesn’t seem correct either.

Just reporting this, not a real issue for me personally at the moment though.

Submitted to issue tracker: https://github.com/WeAreROLI/JUCE/issues/199


For 2, have you checked you have Windows 10 selected in settings - I think this still defaults to 8…


I don’t see “Windows SDK Version”, but I do see “Target Platform Version” and it was set to 8.1 after the export from the ProJucer.
I changed it to 10.0.14393.0 (highest I can select) and rebuilt, but I still get the same result… (I wouldn’t have expected this to influence the OS version detection results actually)


The way to determine OS was changed in WIndows 10 - unless the new conditions are met everything will identify as Windows 8