We have plugin that is using JUCE_FORCE_USE_LEGACY_PARAM_IDS. During update from JUCE 5.4.7 to JUCE 6.0.7 we have encountered crash while loading VST3 plugin. It seems that new Preset Parameter is causing nullptr crash on Windows 10. Tested in Reaper and Wavelab. I think it might be correlated with this commit:
Steps to reproduce:
- create new plugin project
- set up JUCE_FORCE_USE_LEGACY_PARAM_IDS to “Enabled”
- set up getNumPrograms() in PluginProcessor to return more than 1 program
I have changed in VST3 Wrapper in line 1078 comparison from JuceAudioProcessor::paramPreset to last parameter. For example in plugin that has 47 parameters in total (with preset parameter and bypass parameter) to 46. In minimal project that I have created to extract issue I have changed it to 1. It is helping to load project, but I don’t know if it is not messing with something else. I hope it will help to reproduce and fix that bug.