Building AAX plugin for ProTools

Hey all!
I am attempting to make a plugin for Pro Tools, I acquired a NFR Developer version of Pro Tools and have remapped the AAX SDK path to one from the AVID website, However when attempting to build even a Demo I receive the error “Library not found for -IAACLibrary_libcpp”
Any help would be appreciated.
thanks!

If I set the aax SDK path to default I get “AAX_Version.h” file not found

You need to build the library project from SDK you downloaded first. Did you do that?

I did not! silly! however now trying to run it I get an error on xcode saying " 32-bit macOS targets are no longer supported" “This project contains the targets AAXLibrary and AAXLibrary_libcpp configured to build 32-bit architectures. Xcode requires that macOS targets support 64-bit architectures.”

im on OSX 10.15.5 and xcodes 12.0.1

Bumping, any luck?

Nothing so far. Let me know if you figure it out

OKAY so! for whatever reason. redownloading the SDK seemed to fix the problem for me, also ensure you are downloading 2.3.2. Its out of order on the website which can be confusing. you can ONLY compile 2.3.2 NOT 2.3.1 or 2.2.2. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk

2 Likes

Wow okay I thought I had tried this but downloaded 2.3.2 and it builds now!

I’m not very experienced with coding, but would you mind explaining how to link the library to a project? Thanks a lot, you helped a lot already!

EDIT: I figured out how to do it, as always it was a Projucer thing!