Can't build the Audio Plugin Host

Hi. I’m trying to follow the tutorial for creating a basic audio plugin and when I get to the step of setting up debugging, I can’t build the Audio Plugin Host. I must have messed something up because it was building properly the other day, but now it’s not working and I don’t know what’s going on.

I’m using the latest master branch of JUCE and Projucer version 7.0.9 with VisualStudio 2022 on Windows 11.

I’m getting a LNK2001 error when I try to build the AudioPluginHost solution generated by Projucer:

LNK2001 unresolved external symbol _DllMainCRTStartup

Here is a screenshot of VSCode

I am new to JUCE obviously, and also new to VisualStudio and doing development on Windows (I am a web developer and I use Ubuntu Linux in my day job).

Something a bit weird is going on. The Audio Plugin Host is a standalone application, so I’m not sure where the AudioPluginHost_VST3 project has come from.

It’s difficult to say what might have happened, so I can only suggest that you try the following:

• If you’re building with CMake:
    • Try completely removing your build folder and recreating it.
    • If that doesn’t help, try building the app using the existing project files at extras/AudioPluginHost/Builds.
  • If you’re not using CMake, or the above doesn’t help, then you may have accidentally made some changes to some of the JUCE files.
    • If you’re using git, try changing to the current master/develop branch.
    • Otherwise, try downloading a fresh copy of JUCE.

What happened was I accidentally switched it from a GUI Application to an Audio VST in the Projucer menu. I switched it back and it’s working now Thanks for the quick response!