Compiling audio plugin host error

Hey,

I’ve recently made the switch to linux form windows and am trying to build the audio plugin host included in the extras. I believe I have all the necessary libraries as I had no problem building and running the Introjucer but for some reason I get this error when trying to build the audio plugin host.

graham@Dweezil:/media/D44C682D4C680C94/DEV Libraries/JUCE/extras/audio plugin host/Builds/Linux$ make Compiling FilterGraph.cpp In file included from ../../Source/MainHostWindow.h:29:0, from ../../Source/FilterGraph.cpp:27: ../../Source/FilterGraph.h:117:18: error: invalid covariant return type for ‘virtual const juce::String FilterGraph::getDocumentTitle()’ ../../Source/../JuceLibraryCode/modules/juce_gui_extra/../../../../../modules/juce_gui_extra/documents/juce_FileBasedDocument.h:229:20: error: overriding ‘virtual juce::String juce::FileBasedDocument::getDocumentTitle()’ ../../Source/FilterGraph.h:118:18: error: invalid covariant return type for ‘virtual const juce::String FilterGraph::loadDocument(const juce::File&)’ ../../Source/../JuceLibraryCode/modules/juce_gui_extra/../../../../../modules/juce_gui_extra/documents/juce_FileBasedDocument.h:234:20: error: overriding ‘virtual juce::Result juce::FileBasedDocument::loadDocument(const juce::File&)’ ../../Source/FilterGraph.h:119:18: error: invalid covariant return type for ‘virtual const juce::String FilterGraph::saveDocument(const juce::File&)’ ../../Source/../JuceLibraryCode/modules/juce_gui_extra/../../../../../modules/juce_gui_extra/documents/juce_FileBasedDocument.h:239:20: error: overriding ‘virtual juce::Result juce::FileBasedDocument::saveDocument(const juce::File&)’ ../../Source/FilterGraph.h:120:16: error: invalid covariant return type for ‘virtual const juce::File FilterGraph::getLastDocumentOpened()’ ../../Source/../JuceLibraryCode/modules/juce_gui_extra/../../../../../modules/juce_gui_extra/documents/juce_FileBasedDocument.h:257:18: error: overriding ‘virtual juce::File juce::FileBasedDocument::getLastDocumentOpened()’ In file included from ../../Source/FilterGraph.cpp:27:0: ../../Source/MainHostWindow.h:71:23: error: invalid covariant return type for ‘virtual const juce::StringArray MainHostWindow::getMenuBarNames()’ ../../Source/../JuceLibraryCode/modules/juce_audio_processors/../../../../../modules/juce_audio_processors/../juce_gui_basics/layout/../windows/../menus/juce_MenuBarModel.h:114:25: error: overriding ‘virtual juce::StringArray juce::MenuBarModel::getMenuBarNames()’ ../../Source/MainHostWindow.h:72:21: error: invalid covariant return type for ‘virtual const juce::PopupMenu MainHostWindow::getMenuForIndex(int, const juce::String&)’ ../../Source/../JuceLibraryCode/modules/juce_audio_processors/../../../../../modules/juce_audio_processors/../juce_gui_basics/layout/../windows/../menus/juce_MenuBarModel.h:121:23: error: overriding ‘virtual juce::PopupMenu juce::MenuBarModel::getMenuForIndex(int, const juce::String&)’ make: *** [build/intermediate/Debug/FilterGraph_62e9c017.o] Error 1

I just updated from the 2.0.21 to the 2.0.22 code as well.

Thanks,
Graham

You need the latest version of the host codebase, which you clearly haven’t got.

Ahhh, I didn’t realize the Introjucer only updated the modules and not all the other goodies :oops: (even though it explicitly states it)
Thanks.

Yeah, I find that not ideal too. Especially that Introjucer doesn’t update itself (or does it now)?

Good point - I just never designed it to download anything other than the modules, all the other “extras” code is just a big bag of random stuff so doesn’t fit into that model.

Perhaps there should be two types of object: “modules” and “projects”? Then the introjucer could give you a list of all the available sample projects, and download them for you. (That might be interesting because it could also add 3rd-party apps to that list too). Hmm. I’ll ponder on this.