Cradle is a recently launched music tech startup looking for a Full Stack Developer. We’re a small yet globally distributed bunch of friendly music nerds who work part-time and full-time. In an average day at Cradle, you’ll perform code-reviews, fix well-scoped bugs, help plan and scope larger features, and pair-program with existing team members. The Distribution side of Cradle Engineering is responsible for the website/e-commerce, product distribution infrastructure, and the user and licensing APIs. The application stack consists of an API and an accounts service written in NodeJS, an integration with OpenID Connect for authentication, a Postgres backend, and a Wordpress instance with some custom plugins. Our application has comprehensive test coverage, and we perform weekly releases from Heroku and WPEngine.
Ideally, you have:
- A few years of backend NodeJS development experience,
- Knowledge of different testing strategies, and opinions about what is appropriate when
- Experience working in a remote, globally-distributed team with lots of asynchronous, written communication
You might’ve also:
- Developed custom Wordpress themes and plugins
- Worked at music tech company, and/or developed music tech in your free time
- Implemented an asset pipeline for images or audio content
- Contributed to open source
- Been interested in the business side of a music tech company
- Work when you want, as much as you want (as long as it’s usually more than ~20 hours/week)
- Sign on as a 1099 contractor or W-2 employee, your choice!
- Be part of an early-stage, non-VC funded startup with a healthy engineering culture and a sustainable growth plan
- Work on something that isn’t dystopian surveillance tech. We sell an actual product (i.e. not user data).
To apply, send your resume/CV to email@example.com along with a blurb about you and what you’re looking for.