I got a recent copy of the juce repository and followed the redwoodaudio.net tutorial. Build succeeds and the plug-in exists in ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST (or ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3 if I select VST3 in introjucer). But cubase doesn't pick it up even after restarting cubase and refreshing the plug-in information. It doesn't matter if I build with VST 2.4 of VST 3.6. There are other plug-ins in ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST and ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3 that cubase sees.
I built the Juce Demo Plugin and that worked just fine.
I also tried building a minimal plug-in using these steps.
- Created a new audio plug-in project with introjucer called QuickTest.
- Went straight to "Save Project and Open in Xcode" without changing anything.
- Built it with Build For > Running.
- Verified that ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/QuickTest.vst existed.
- Launched cubase. The plug-in was not available.
- In cubase, went to Plug-in Information and tried clicking both the "Update" button and the "Update Plug-in Infromation" button, but QuickTest was not in the list.
OS X 10.9.4