On mountain lion (10.8.1), when a plugin is removed, Cubase freezes :
- open Cubase 6 or 7, or Nuendo 6
- insert JuceDemoPlugin
- click inside the plugin GUI, or move a slider
- remove the plugin
- Cubase freezes (spinning wheel) or crashes (sometimes)
If you don’t click inside the GUI, there is no freeze.
If you close the plugin window before removing it, there is no freeze.
The same plugin works on 10.6
JuceDemoPlugin was compiled with Xcode 4.5, but there is the same problem with a plugin compiled on 10.6 with Xcode 3.2
Did anyone else have similar problem ?
Are you sure that you didnt run the plugin through the 32bit vst-bridge?
I tried all the combinations :
32bits plugin with Cubase in 32 bits mode -> freezes
64bits plugin with Cubase in 64 bits mode -> freezes
32bits plugin with Cubase in 64 bits mode (vst-bridge) -> works
the problem occurs if the plugin window is open when the plugin is removed
yes, it is very similar but
- it occurs only on 10.8, not on 10.6
- it occurs with your JuceDemoPlugin, I don’t add a new DialogWindow or anything else
- it occurs when the last instance is removed and if you have clicked in the plugin window
It’s very strange :
insert 2 instances of JuceDemoPlugin, move all the parameters, remove both plugins, there is no problem
now insert 2 instances of JuceDemoPlugin, move all the parameters, remove one plugin, click in the window of the remaining plugin, remove it, Cubase freezes