DaVinci Resolve is one of the most popular colour correction tools for video and it gets more and more serious about non-linear editing too. Its price is free if you work with footage < 4K. Probably grows to be a strong contender to Final Cut Pro, Premiere etc.
The recently released version 12 now supports audio plugins. VST and AU.
Plugins can be assigned to clips and to tracks. Page 481 of the user manual describes how to open a plugin editor.
But it does not work nicely with Juce. The Juce Demo Plugin freezes the whole host if you open the plugins editor.
- Move the Juce Demo Plugin from ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/ to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/ (DaVinci Resolve seems to only check the global folder)
- Create a project in DaVinci Resolve and add the Juce Demo Plugin to e.g. the master audio track.
- The processing of the plugin works and you can change the plugin parameters from within DaVinci Resolve.
- Open the editor of the Juce Demo Plugin.
- The first time it can happen that an empty user interface (correct dimensions but plain empty) gets displayed.
- But after saving the project and restarting DaVinci Resolve, the attempt to open the editor of the Juce Demo Plugin will freeze DaVinci Resolve.
At step 6 the debugger (XCode) gets immediately detached by DaVinci Resolve which leaves me quite cueless about this issue. Does anyone have an idea on how to investigate further in such a scenario?
This might probably be something for Blackmagic to take care of...
OS X 10.10.4
DaVinci Resolve 12.0.0.048