Debugging rtas in PT9/10?

Hello all,

My release builds of our plugin works just fine in PT9 and 10 (developer builds of PT9/10). However, trying to load the debug build always results in:

“Protools could not load the following plug-ins either because no valid authorization could be found, the iLok key was not connected or the plug-in was damaged.”

Any ideas?

• bram

Is it on Windows and/or Mac OS X?
Are you able to attach to Pro Tools before plugin scan?

On OSX I can debug just fine, attaching to the process afterwards.
On Windows, if I build a debug version of the plugin, PT doesn’t want to load the plugins, each time saying “Protools could not load the following plug-ins either because no valid authorization could be found, the iLok key was not connected or the plug-in was damaged.”

So, for now I’ve reverted to debugging on OSX, but it wuld be rather nice to be able to debug on windows as well…

• bram

This is a typical issue in RTAS and unfortunately this is very hard to track.
Personally I try to avoid as much as possible debugging RTAS on Windows and do as much as I can on Mac OS. Each time I have to debug RTAS on Windows, it take me at least one full day to set it up correctly.
Try to attach to Pro Tools before plugin scan and check if you can break somewhere in your constructor.