Disable automated parameters?

Is there a way to temporarily disable an automated parameter? I have some automatable parameters whose controllers my at times become disabled, which prevents the user from changing them via the GUI, but they could still change the parameters via automation (or a control surface, etc.), if they wanted. I was wondering if there is a way to prevent those parameters from changing while their associated controls are disabled?

I can ignore the changes in my processor code, and not send them to my DSP, but then my DSP and the internal parameter states do not match.

I could re-set the parameter, I think that would create a feedback loop, where the parameter is changed while responding to the parameter change.

What I would like is some way to prevent the parameter value itself (on both the host and in the plug-in) from changing while its associated control is disabled. Is that possible?

1 Like

Was there ever an answer to this? I see according to this thread, it is apparently impossible. Is there perhaps a built-in JUCE way to have the plugin ignore parameter updates even if this is not reflected in the DAW’s automation?

you can make your own parameter class with a little atomic bool for if the parameter is locked rn and let it do the check in setValue, cause no value change ever gets around this function

Thanks!