Example of using "windows dll"?

Hi,

I am looking for an example project of using “windows dll” provided in JUCE 2.0 release. I tried to set up a Visual Studio 2008 solution with a C++ console application project and added “windows dll” project to the solution. Below is the main source code:

void playTestSound()
{
	AudioDeviceManager deviceManager;
    deviceManager.initialise(255,255,NULL, true);
    deviceManager.playTestSound();
    Thread::sleep(5000);
}

//==============================================================================
int main (int argc, char* argv[])
{
	ScopedJuceInitialiser_GUI plattform;
	playTestSound();
    return 0;
}

And linker gave out following errors:
[list]
Error 1 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class juce::String const juce::String::empty” (?empty@String@juce@@2V12@B) Main.obj MyTest
Error 2 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “private: static class juce::JUCEApplicationBase * juce::JUCEApplicationBase::appInstance” (?appInstance@JUCEApplicationBase@juce@@0PAV12@A) Main.obj MyTest
Error 3 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class juce::JUCEApplicationBase * (__cdecl* juce::JUCEApplicationBase::createInstance)(void)” (?createInstance@JUCEApplicationBase@juce@@2P6APAV12@XZA) Main.obj MyTest
Error 4 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class juce::ModalComponentManager * juce::ModalComponentManager::_singletonInstance” (?_singletonInstance@ModalComponentManager@juce@@2PAV12@A) Main.obj MyTest
Error 5 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class juce::AudioPluginFormatManager * juce::AudioPluginFormatManager::_singletonInstance” (?_singletonInstance@AudioPluginFormatManager@juce@@2PAV12@A) Main.obj MyTest
[/list]

How to resolve the above errors?

Thanks.

I managed to get rid of all the errors except this one:
[list]
Error 1 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class juce::String const juce::String::empty” (?empty@String@juce@@2V12@B) Main.obj MyTest
[/list]

The “empty” is a const of String class. It is declared in juce_String.h and defined in juce_String.cpp. If using static link, everything is fine; but if using DLL, then linker generates the above error.

Any idea of how to fix this error?

Thanks.

Do you fixed this errror,i just got this trouble,if you fixed it,please tell me.thanks.

You need to define JUCE_DLL preprocessor in your project.