Extra stuff in the AndroidManifest.xml

Is there an Android settings box (or something) to put extra stuff to emit into the AndroidManifest.xml file.

Generally, i have other properties that live below the tag. Right now i have to keep a copy of the old file whenever i save the jucer, then go back and fix it up.

thanks,

Good request… not immediately obvious how it could be done though. I guess you’d really want to be able to enter a block of XML containing the tags that you want to add, and then have that merged (somehow?) with the XML that’s automatically generated. But merging XML sounds like something that could easily do the wrong thing…

I was thinking, the extra stuff would just be emitted verbatim inside the tag each time the AndroidManifest.xml file is generated, rather than any merge.

There are other bits related to this. for example, the extra permissions feature (which is very useful) could be expanded to be a place for general stuff in this area such as

To keep it simple instead of “android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE” in this box, you’d put the whole bit;

uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"
then you could also put;

or whatever.

Hmm, even that’s tricky because I generate the XML from an XmlElement object, not as text. I guess I could provide a box to type your XML, then parse it and add any elements to the XML that’ll be generated.