FileTreeComponent - Changing Colours?

Hello All. Could someone point me to the right direction on how to change the FileTreeComponent text colours? I can change the line and background colours, but not the selected and text colours.

Thanks for any help in advance. 8)

Can’t remember offhand, but if you ever need to find out things like this, a quick look inside the class’s paint() methods should make it easy to see how it’s selecting the colour to use.

Oh, thanks, I forgot to look into that. :oops:

Best Regards, WilliamK

Ok, in any event, I decided to use the LookAndFeel so I could also make some of my own changes. :wink:

[code]class JUCE_API NewLookAndFeel : public LookAndFeel
{
public:
virtual void drawFileBrowserRow (Graphics& g, int width, int height,
const String& filename, Image* icon,
const String& fileSizeDescription,
const String& fileTimeDescription,
const bool isDirectory,
const bool isItemSelected,
const int itemIndex);
};

void NewLookAndFeel::drawFileBrowserRow (Graphics& g, int width, int height,
const String& filename, Image* icon,
const String& fileSizeDescription,
const String& fileTimeDescription,
const bool isDirectory,
const bool isItemSelected,
const int /itemIndex/)
{
if (isItemSelected) g.fillAll (findColour (DirectoryContentsDisplayComponent::highlightColourId));
g.setColour (findColour (DirectoryContentsDisplayComponent::textColourId));
g.setFont (height * 0.7f);

int x = 0;

if (isDirectory)
{
	x = 32;
	Image* im = icon;
	Image* toRelease = 0;

if (im == 0)
	{
		toRelease = im = getDefaultFolderImage();
	}

if (im != 0)
	{
		g.drawImageWithin (im, 2, 2, x - 4, height - 4,
						   RectanglePlacement::centred | RectanglePlacement::onlyReduceInSize,
						   false);

ImageCache::release (toRelease);
	}
}

g.drawFittedText (filename, x, 0, width - x, height, Justification::centredLeft, 1);

}

#define SETcolour(ID,STRING) newLookAndFeel->setColour(ID, Colour::fromString( child->getStringAttribute(T(STRING),T(“000000”)) ))

SETcolour(TreeView::backgroundColourId, "background");
			SETcolour(TreeView::linesColourId, "lines");
			SETcolour(DirectoryContentsDisplayComponent::textColourId, "text");
			SETcolour(DirectoryContentsDisplayComponent::highlightColourId, "highlight");

[/code]

This works! 8)

I just need to figure out how to change the height of each item…

Wk

Since I want to add more options to the tree-view, I wonder, shouldn’t I just go ahead and copy its whole code and create my own component?

I want to add an option so you can right-click on a file, rename, delete, move, … and for a folder, the same, plus, paste and create-new-folder.

But to be honest, I don’t know where to start, on making my own component, that would allow those mouse events.

I also didn’t figure out yet, how to create a call-back so I know when the user selects a new file. I guess I could create a thread that checks when something has changed, but I think that’s silly.

Sorry for so many basic questions, but the way I work, sometimes I overlook the simple stuff, but get the hardcore stuff right away…

Wk