Text rendering in JUCE is in a sorry state.
- Standard components will show replacement characters for various different scripts.
- I won’t even mention emojis and friends .
TextLayout(JUCE’s only way to achieve a certain degree of font fallback) behaves very different across platforms:
- Word-wrapping behaviour e.g. is highly inconsistent between Windows and Mac.
- Also on one platform text overruns
TextLayout's bounds on the other the text is truncated (a bug report has been filed but i never got a response).
- It is very easy to spot apps and plug-ins developed with JUCE because JUCE is about the only platform that squeezes texts way out of proportion to make it fit. – Yes a very slight amount of squeezing (max to a factor of 0.98) is fine after reducing kerning