I’m looking to hire a freelance C++ developer for a product that will launch later this year. I would prefer to hire some one full time (40/hrs week) for 3 months but I’m also open to a part time arrangement.
The product is a VST/AU plugin that features creative sequencing and music theory functionality. Apart from a simple integrated “demo” sound engine there is no audio processing.
I have already put several hundred hours into this project, but I’m too busy with other stuff and have decided to look for help. I will continue to provide specifications, do code reviews, perform testing/QA and will participate in development to some extent.
Please note: This is not one of those “I’m 90% done and I just need a real developer to do the last 10% percent” type of deals. I am a real developer and the project is currently in good shape - I just don’t have the time to do it myself.
What I’m looking for:
- Skilled C++ developer
- Experience with the JUCE framework and plugin development
- Experience with unit testing (the project uses Catch2)
- Willing and able to produce clean, well organised code using JUCE coding standards
- Basic understanding of music theory (scales, chords, etc.) and MIDI
Knowledge of realtime audio/DSP programming is not required.
A few words about me:
- Based in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Trained audio engineer and amateur electronic music producer
- 25+ years in software development
- Developer, tech lead, scrum master and CTO experience
- Can program in any language, but not that much experience with C++
- Strong preference for agile/test driven development
If you are interested, please get in touch!
I would appreciate links to your Github and/or LinkedIn profiles - or at least some information about relevant projects you have worked on in the past.