From Juce 3.2 to Juce 4.1

Hello

I had a working plug-in (it was tested on several hosts under OS X and Windows) built with the release 3.2 of Juce.

I updated it to the latest version of Juce and something changed in the channel behaviour (actually, it looks like that the same problem happens if I use the old 3.2 release and open the project with the Projucer 4.1 instead of the Introjucer).
In Cubase 8  using the plug-in on a stereo file, the direct (unprocessed) sound is on the right channel only. This does not happen, for instance, if I run the same VST plug-in in Reaper.

The code I used to process the data is the following  (channel configuration is {1, 2},{2, 2}): 

if (numInChannels == 1) // MONO TO STEREO
    {
        for (int j = 0; j < buffer.getNumSamples(); ++j)
        {
            myEngine->processTest(buffer.getReadPointer (0,j),buffer.getReadPointer (0, j),buffer.getWritePointer (0,j),buffer.getWritePointer (1, j));
        }
    }

if (numInChannels == 2) // STEREO TO STEREO
    {
        for (int j = 0; j < buffer.getNumSamples(); ++j)
        {
            myEngine->processTest(buffer.getReadPointer (0,j),buffer.getReadPointer (1, j),buffer.getWritePointer (0,j),buffer.getWritePointer (1, j));
        }
    }

Any idea?

I also had a look at the new bus feature, but I am having troubles with some hosts (for instance Digital Performer, Audacity and DSP-Quattro do not load the plug-in anymore). By the way did you succeeded in making run the Spatializer plug-in available in the example folder? On my machine Logic Pro X 10.2 does not recognize it. Other hosts can load it but nothing appears on the screen. (I am using OS X 10.10.5 and XCODE 7.2).

Thanks
Max

How do you determine numInChannels?

I am using:

const int numInChannels = getNumInputChannels();

Actually creating a new project fixed the issue in Cubase, but I am having the very same problem in Audacity. The 4.1 based version (both the AU and VST) is not working (only glitches are audible) while the 3.2 was. 

Any hint on why the Spatializer example might be not recognized by Logic and other hosts?

Thank you very much
Max

I tried also getTotalNumInputChannels, but no success. The plugin is still not working (both the VST and AU) while it is with Juce 3.2.

Any hint?