I'm trying to create a pretty simple plugin, here's what's going on:
- You can't use the GUI editor on the plugin editor directly.
- To overcome this, I made a GUI component and instantiated it in my plugin editor.
- This works fine, all of my sliders are there and working.
- I need the GUI component's sliders to edit parameters in the processor.
- My GUI component doesn't know about the processor or the plugin editor, nor do I want it to.
- Not sure what to do, but I try making my plugin editor inherit Slider::Listener.
- I make a getter function in my GUI component that returns a ScopedPointer to a slider.
- Now I try to make my plugin editor listen to that slider by using .addListener (this).
- When I open the plugin the slider has now disappeared.
I'm having trouble wrapping my head around using slider listeners and the new AudioProcessorParameter class. I can't seem to find any tutorials on using the AudioProcessorParameter class either since it is a newer thing. I'd greatly appreciate some guidance on how to organize getting GUI components to update AudioProcessorParameters.