HELP! Please try compiling dspfilters

Can someone please check out my open source project with svn:

http://code.google.com/p/dspfilterscpp/

open the Visual Studio 2010 solution (in Workspaces), and batch build all the targets and let me know if there are any problems?

Thanks!

worked out-of the box. looks like a very useful library, thanks a lot for sharing!

and the demo is an excellent tool for understanding each filter’s characteristics. there is a small problem with the settings window though, resulting in a crash everytime I close it. removing the call to ::deleteAllChildren() in ~SettingsWindow() seems to fix that.

whoopsie! thanks.

I see, jules change the API to “setContent” and “setContentOwned” to give control over whether the top level window deletes the component for you. I used setContentOwned which means I should not be calling deleteAllChildren().

I am fixing it.

(no wonder it crashed on ipad lol)

While you’re at it: the labels for the zero distance and angle for custom filters say “Pd” and “Pa”. It confused me a bit, until i just stumbled upon the ParamInfo definition. The full description is correct, but it never shows up in the GUI - should it?

Of course there’s a world of improvement that could be done with the demo application. For example, iOS interface-compliant controls and what not. But I don’t have the resources, and it is beyond the scope of the dspfiltersproject, to put more work into the GUI.

There are really three projects here:

DSPFilters
DSPFiltersDemo
JuceAmalgam

The purpose of the dspfilterscpp project is the following:

• Be the first to provide high quality C++ classes licensed friendly to proprietary users (*)
  • Have good reusable C++ interfaces and templates (learned a few things from Jules on that one)
  • Optimally show XCode, Visual Studio, and qmake (soon!) setups with multiple targets
  • Run everywhere with platform independent code (courtesy of Juce)
  • Include the Juce(*) amalgamation with the project so no external dependencies are required

(*) Juce is licensed separately and this is noted throughout the
DSP Filters project web page and source files.

I’m working on a set of Linux qmake files (VirtualBox with Windows 7 host and openSUSE). Soon that will be done, at that point I will consider the DSP Filters project to be largely completed. Of course there are always some improvements that could be made to certain areas (notably the elliptic filter designs) and the GUI could be greatly improved. But I feel that I have achieved all of the goals of the project. Many independent software vendors and companies have incorporated the DSP Filters library into their commercial products (and I don’t mind).

Any further significant work in DSP Filters is going to have to come from contributors. Especially considering that I have to finish my company’s current proprietary application in development. Although the details are secret, I can tell you that when the product is released to the public, there will be a community area where people can contribute to DSP Filters.

Perhaps in the near future, the library part of DSP Filters will undergo a revision so that it can be a seamless part of Juce available as a separate downloadable module.

[quote=“TheVinn”]Of course there’s a world of improvement that could be done with the demo application. For example, iOS interface-compliant controls and what not. But I don’t have the resources, and it is beyond the scope of the dspfiltersproject, to put more work into the GUI.
[/quote]

Sorry, I didn’t mean to criticise anything. The demo is awesome as it is! It’s just that these label don’t look right and should probably say “Za” and “Zd”. There should be enough resources to fix this whenever you do your next commit to the projects. :smiley:

Looking forward to what you have in mind!

Thanks, and I didn’t take offense at all. You’re right about the knobs!