How can I get the SDK for VST Legacy?

How can I get the SDK for VST Legacy?

I am currently working for LMMS on windows and it does not accept VST3 formats

You are probably not aware that the question is not so much about where to get the SDK but rather wether you are allowed to get it and release VST 2 plugins at all.

Steinberg wants the old VST format to disappear more and more, therefore they don’t license it anymore to new people. This means, if you signed a contract with Steinberg some years ago and therefore are allowed to release VST plugins, you can still do that today. In that case you should have all the information on how to obtain the SDK yourself or you should be able to contact Steinberg about it. If you have no contract with Steinberg you are simply not allowed to release VST 2 plugins legally, no matter if you managed to obtain the SDK via some way.

1 Like

However, assuming you’re just using it for a personal project and have read the license agreements thoroughly and consulted a lawyer and never read this post, I did get a hit from a certain ‘archiving’ web site when searching for the vst2 SDK. I haven’t downloaded it myself though.

1 Like