How to contribute to Juce,

Hi Jules and other developers,

Sorry if this is a repeat question, but I have not found much information except to go into this forum… .

Anyway, I am a long-time developer with a lot of GUI library development experience. I would love to contribute to Juce (for example, fix the delayed touch events on Android, or the super-slow scrolling), but I would like to understand the process first. Git Pull requests are obviously ignored.

Also, it would be good to know how licensing is handled for serious contributors.

Anyway, TIA,

Matthias (juce(AT)matthiasm(DOT)com)

Thanks! Would love to get your help on those things!

We don’t directly merge pull requests for two reasons:

1. We license the code, so people would need to formally agree to waive their copyright for this to be possible
  2. Nobody other than a tiny inner sanctum of coders has ever submitted anything that was remotely close enough to our standards to be acceptable without being heavily rewritten first!

I know we were in the process of getting our lawyers to draft a simple copyright-waiver agreement that people could use when contributing - not sure where that got to… But if you were to agree to that, and submit some worthwhile content, then that’d be awesome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try to put together a small patch for what I think are the biggest issues with Android and send them to you for QA.

1 Like