How to draw text underline in colour?

i want to draw colour underlines to text (ie in a different colour to the text).

I’m using the GlyphArrangement' directly, but these is no way i can find. AlsoGraphics’ is const around here…

Not possible as things currently stand! You might be able to hack together your own version of GlyphArrangement::drawGlyphUnderline though?

If it’s just a small piece of text you could first draw the text underlined with your underline color and then another time not underlined with your normal text color.
Could work.

[quote=“gekkie100”]If it’s just a small piece of text you could first draw the text underlined with your underline color and then another time not underlined with your normal text color.
Could work.[/quote]

No - you’d get some nasty anti-aliasing artifacts if you did that.

No problem. i’m quite happy to make my own local changes.

currently, im doing this, which is qute horrible because i const cast away and change the state.

[code]inline void GlyphArrangement::drawGlyphUnderline (const Graphics& g, const PositionedGlyph& pg,
const int i, const AffineTransform& transform, const Colour& ulCol) const
{

Path p;
p.addRectangle (pg.x, pg.y + lineThickness * 2.0f, nextX - pg.x, lineThickness);

// XXX HACK
Graphics& gm  = const_cast<Graphics&>(g);
gm.saveState();
gm.setColour(ulCol);
g.fillPath (p, transform);
gm.restoreState();

}[/code]

I’ve had to do a saveState' andrestoreState’ here because there is no getColour' onGraphics’ otherwise i could get the old colour, change it, use it and set it back.

I’m hoping there’s not too much overhead here. is there a better way without too much juce changing. I prefer to keep my juce changes as local as possible.

thanks,

Personally, I’d probably leave the juce code alone, and draw a non-underlined GlyphArrangement, and then write my own external version of drawGlyphUnderline that iterates the glyph arrangement to draw the lines.

thank you!

I hadn’t noticed you can get all the information out of a GlyphArrangement and a `PositionedGlyph’ but you can. This is by far the best way. I’ve reverted my hacks and written my own draw for each glyph.

Also, later on i want to draw different kinds of underlines not just different colours. so this fixes that too.

– hugh.