How to use a Juce class in my App?

Hi guys… I know this is a super noob question (Ive never imported a library before to Xcode)… but I would REALLY appreciate some help as its driving me up the wall… maybe I just need to take a step back or something but… here goes anyway:

Ive read the info on the Juce site about how to add header files to my project. So Ive dragged in:

juce.h
juce.Reverb.h

I then put:

#import <juce.h>
#import <juce_Reverb.h>

into my .m file… all im getting is “no such file or directory”

Thanks a lot

Carl.

XCode 3, or 4?

Short answer: you need to edit the project properties and add the path to your header files to the ‘header search paths’ field.

Wow. Hard to know where to begin really…

The best advice is not to do it manually at all. Fire up the introjucer, and use the wizard to create a new project. It’ll sort everything out for you, no need to worry about including anything.

[quote=“valley”]XCode 3, or 4?

Short answer: you need to edit the project properties and add the path to your header files to the ‘header search paths’ field.[/quote]

Its Xcode 3.2

do you mean on this page somewhere?

Click for large view

Or this one?

Click for large view

[quote=“jules”]Wow. Hard to know where to begin really…

The best advice is not to do it manually at all. Fire up the introjucer, and use the wizard to create a new project. It’ll sort everything out for you, no need to worry about including anything.[/quote]

That sounds great… though when I double click on the introducer I get this:

Click for large view

Im sorry if im being dumb BTW!

Hmmm… Have you used a computer before?

Maybe try launching the actual introjucer app rather than a file called “introjucer.jucer” which is clearly not an app.

:smiley:

ah I didn’t realise I had to open it in Xcode to run the introducer… I was looking for an installer…

I managed to set up what looked like a ‘standard’ template… everything complies ok now…

Ill transfer my iPhone project over to the new file… if I can get get some reverb on my drum sample ill be a happy man!

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!

Carl.