Huckleberry not compatible with modern Linux platforms?

I happily upgraded to Huckleberry JUCE, and since I overwrote my original copy of JUCE, I now can’t run JUCE at all. This terminal output says it all:

$  ./Projucer
  ./Projucer: /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_3' not found (required by ./Projucer)`

When I Google this problem, I get a bunch of people in 2014 trying to fix an ancient video game on Steam. And back in 2014, this version of libcurl was ALREADY so old that you couldn’t even downgrade to it in Arch Linux (which is the distribution I use). That’s really odd, because the last version of JUCE I used (4.3.1) didn’t require such an ancient version of this library. I just launched it with no issues a minute before updating to Huckleberry.

Install on Debian Jessie

Just re-compile the Projucer yourself.

First install some build-time dependencies (this is for debian or ubuntu - may be different on your distro)

sudo apt-get install freeglut3-dev g++ libasound2-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev            \
                     libfreetype6-dev libjack-jackd2-dev libx11-dev libxcomposite-dev \
                     libxcursor-dev libxinerama-dev libxrandr-dev mesa-common-dev \
                     webkit2gtk-4.0 gtk+-x11-3.0

and then compile the Projucer:

cd JUCE/extras/Projucer/Builds/LinuxMakefile
make -j4 CONFIG=Release

The Projucer will then be in JUCE/extras/Projucer/Builds/LinuxMakefile/builds.

Awesome, thanks. I didn’t realize JUCE came with its own source code right in there.