Projucer on Ubuntu 18.04

Projucer 5.3.2 won’t run on my Ubuntu 18.04 fresh installation ( although the DemoRunner does ) . Should I try recompiling the Projucer , and if I should could anyone give me some indications …

Thanks a lot

Probably a libcurl version problem. Ubuntu 18.04 ships with libcurl4 and I’m guessing the PJ has a hard dependancy to libcurl3.

Building it locally should work.

Yes exactly , thanks a lot .

thanks yes
this worked for me on ubuntu 18.04
$ sudo apt-get install libcurl3
happy jucing folks

That might work but it’s likely to break a lot of compatibility with existing apps linking to the newer libcurl4.

I think the best solution these days (which is what we’ve had to do) is link curl at runtime. This can be done with the JUCE_LOAD_CURL_SYMBOLS_LAZILY macro.

Thanks Dave I was thinking that as I watched the terminal roll back the dependencies.
We will see what the computer serves up next!
Sean

I have a strange issue on KUbuntu 18.04. Fress install, installed all dependencies, projucer runes and asks for log in, but then says there is no license available on my account. When I select a personal license, the window refreshes and it loops just like that. The same happens with both the precompiled and locally compiled projucers. Looking forward to hearing your solutions! All the best, Mihai

Hi!
Does anybody knows how to solve this?
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Scanning dependencies of target APP
[ 15%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/APP.dir/home/dunash/Documents/diploma/JUCE_Projects/HandlingMidiEventsTutorial/JuceLibraryCode/include_juce_audio_basics.cpp.o
[ 15%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/APP.dir/home/dunash/Documents/diploma/JUCE_Projects/HandlingMidiEventsTutorial/Source/Main.cpp.o
[ 23%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/APP.dir/home/dunash/Documents/diploma/JUCE_Projects/HandlingMidiEventsTutorial/JuceLibraryCode/include_juce_audio_devices.cpp.o
[ 30%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/APP.dir/home/dunash/Documents/diploma/JUCE_Projects/HandlingMidiEventsTutorial/JuceLibraryCode/include_juce_audio_formats.cpp.o
[ 46%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/APP.dir/home/dunash/Documents/diploma/JUCE_Projects/HandlingMidiEventsTutorial/JuceLibraryCode/include_juce_audio_utils.cpp.o
[ 46%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/APP.dir/home/dunash/Documents/diploma/JUCE_Projects/HandlingMidiEventsTutorial/JuceLibraryCode/include_juce_audio_processors.cpp.o
[ 53%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/APP.dir/home/dunash/Documents/diploma/JUCE_Projects/HandlingMidiEventsTutorial/JuceLibraryCode/include_juce_core.cpp.o
[ 61%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/APP.dir/home/dunash/Documents/diploma/JUCE_Projects/HandlingMidiEventsTutorial/JuceLibraryCode/include_juce_data_structures.cpp.o
[ 69%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/APP.dir/home/dunash/Documents/diploma/JUCE_Projects/HandlingMidiEventsTutorial/JuceLibraryCode/include_juce_events.cpp.o
[ 76%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/APP.dir/home/dunash/Documents/diploma/JUCE_Projects/HandlingMidiEventsTutorial/JuceLibraryCode/include_juce_graphics.cpp.o
[ 84%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/APP.dir/home/dunash/Documents/diploma/JUCE_Projects/HandlingMidiEventsTutorial/JuceLibraryCode/include_juce_gui_basics.cpp.o
[ 92%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/APP.dir/home/dunash/Documents/diploma/JUCE_Projects/HandlingMidiEventsTutorial/JuceLibraryCode/include_juce_gui_extra.cpp.o
[100%] Linking CXX executable HandlingMidiEventsTutorial
CMakeFiles/APP.dir/home/dunash/Documents/diploma/JUCE_Projects/HandlingMidiEventsTutorial/JuceLibraryCode/include_juce_core.cpp.o: In function juce::CURLSymbols::create()': /home/dunash/Programs/JUCE/modules/juce_core/native/juce_curl_Network.cpp:55: undefined reference to curl_easy_init’
/home/dunash/Programs/JUCE/modules/juce_core/native/juce_curl_Network.cpp:56: undefined reference to curl_easy_setopt' /home/dunash/Programs/JUCE/modules/juce_core/native/juce_curl_Network.cpp:57: undefined reference to curl_easy_cleanup’
/home/dunash/Programs/JUCE/modules/juce_core/native/juce_curl_Network.cpp:58: undefined reference to curl_easy_getinfo' /home/dunash/Programs/JUCE/modules/juce_core/native/juce_curl_Network.cpp:59: undefined reference to curl_multi_add_handle’
/home/dunash/Programs/JUCE/modules/juce_core/native/juce_curl_Network.cpp:60: undefined reference to curl_multi_cleanup' /home/dunash/Programs/JUCE/modules/juce_core/native/juce_curl_Network.cpp:61: undefined reference to curl_multi_fdset’
/home/dunash/Programs/JUCE/modules/juce_core/native/juce_curl_Network.cpp:62: undefined reference to curl_multi_info_read' /home/dunash/Programs/JUCE/modules/juce_core/native/juce_curl_Network.cpp:63: undefined reference to curl_multi_init’
/home/dunash/Programs/JUCE/modules/juce_core/native/juce_curl_Network.cpp:64: undefined reference to curl_multi_perform' /home/dunash/Programs/JUCE/modules/juce_core/native/juce_curl_Network.cpp:65: undefined reference to curl_multi_remove_handle’
/home/dunash/Programs/JUCE/modules/juce_core/native/juce_curl_Network.cpp:66: undefined reference to curl_multi_timeout' /home/dunash/Programs/JUCE/modules/juce_core/native/juce_curl_Network.cpp:67: undefined reference to curl_slist_append’
/home/dunash/Programs/JUCE/modules/juce_core/native/juce_curl_Network.cpp:68: undefined reference to curl_slist_free_all' /home/dunash/Programs/JUCE/modules/juce_core/native/juce_curl_Network.cpp:69: undefined reference to curl_version_info’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
CMakeFiles/APP.dir/build.make:251: recipe for target ‘HandlingMidiEventsTutorial’ failed
make[3]: *** [HandlingMidiEventsTutorial] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:75: recipe for target ‘CMakeFiles/APP.dir/all’ failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/APP.dir/all] Error 2
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:82: recipe for target ‘CMakeFiles/APP.dir/rule’ failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/APP.dir/rule] Error 2
Makefile:118: recipe for target ‘APP’ failed
make: *** [APP] Error 2

You need to install curl. It’s probably worth checking out the dependencies listed in this post: List of Juce dependencies under linux

Thanks, i’ve just removed JUCE installed from the repositories and installed it from official site. It worked out)