Installer with dependencies

i followed this tutorial https://docs.juce.com/master/tutorial_app_plugin_packaging.html to make an installer for my first plugin. i think it works, but it only installs my vst3 file. the real reason why i even bothered making an installer was because i want the installer to install all the dependencies that aren’t installed yet to make the plugin run. because there are already 2 people who tried to use my plugin and couldn’t, so i felt like maybe i need to make this easier for people who don’t have the best windows version ever or sooo… am i right? what do i have to do?

the tutorial says i could also just build it with static linking but then force the users to take one of the 64 vst slots before the plugin limit of windows. i personally never use so many different plugins in one project but what’s your opinion on all that? do you think that matters or do you also just go with the static linking solution?

Pete from Microsoft had good news at the end of the thread:

Seems to become less and less of a problem.

1 Like

4000 really sounds like more than enough, but i must admit i feel like i’m kinda taking the lazy way atm considering there’s duplicate code produced that way. do you know how i can tell my installer to check if the system has all dependencies and if not install them along with the plugin?

Google takes you here:

2 Likes