Intro to DSP tutorial

Hi,
I’ve been taking the DSP Introduction Tutorial I get this error about processorChain not being declared, but it is, at the bottom of the class.

Any Idea what I might be doing wrong?

You have .template get() which unless I’ve just learned something new, is a typo. Shouldn’t all those lines be processorChain.get()?

1 Like

I’ve just modified what the tutorial said to. Everything else is directly from the .zip package

Also, it looks like this class ‘CustomOscilltor’ is used as a template argument to create an object ‘processorChain’… but this class is trying to reference the object it is being used to create. As in the processor chain object is defined outside of this class.

1 Like

Interesting, I might have to have a look at it myself, sorry to waste your time, I’ll let someone with more of a clue step in.

1 Like

If it helps, it builds fine for me here. Steps I took:

• Downloaded the .zip and extracted the contents
  • Opened Projucer, then clicked file → open… and opened DSPIntroductionTutorial_02.h
  • Added VS2022 exporter (it’s just what I use) → selected this option at the top of projucer and clicked save and export. Selected the directory to save it in.
  • Visual studio opened, I hit build and it worked.

Is there a chance you are just opening the header directly, and trying to build that?

1 Like

I’ll try that…
I’ve just compared DSPIntroductionTutorial_01.h toDSPIntroductionTutorial_02.h
and I’ve found that the declaration I thought was in CustomOscillator was actually in Voice!
I thought that I had collapsed all of the other classes for better visibility, but I missed one. SORRY!
I’ve just built and ran it and it works fine now. Thanks for picking my brain!

1 Like