Introjucer fails to build

Hi,

I tried to build the Introjucer “out-of-the-box” (Debug and Release) and i get a bunch (212) of such errors:

cc1objplus: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wint-conversion"
cc1objplus: error: unrecognized command line option “-Wconstant-conversion”

I use the latest Juce version downloaded from Github few hours ago (Xcode 3.2 / Mac OS X 10.6.8 / arch i386).

CompileC "build/The Introjucer.build/Release/The Introjucer.build/Objects-normal/ppc/juce_gui_extra.o" ../../../../modules/juce_gui_extra/juce_gui_extra.mm normal ppc objective-c++ com.apple.compilers.llvmgcc42
cd /Users/nicolas/Work/JUCE-master/extras/Introjucer/Builds/MacOSX
setenv LANG en_US.US-ASCII
/Developer/usr/bin/llvm-gcc-4.2 -x objective-c++ -arch ppc -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O3 -mdynamic-no-pic -Wreturn-type -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-variable -D_NDEBUG=1 -DNDEBUG=1 -DJUCER_XCODE_MAC_F6D2F4CF=1 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -mtune=G5 -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -iquote "/Users/nicolas/Work/JUCE-master/extras/Introjucer/Builds/MacOSX/build/The Introjucer.build/Release/The Introjucer.build/Introjucer-generated-files.hmap" "-I/Users/nicolas/Work/JUCE-master/extras/Introjucer/Builds/MacOSX/build/The Introjucer.build/Release/The Introjucer.build/Introjucer-own-target-headers.hmap" "-I/Users/nicolas/Work/JUCE-master/extras/Introjucer/Builds/MacOSX/build/The Introjucer.build/Release/The Introjucer.build/Introjucer-all-target-headers.hmap" -iquote "/Users/nicolas/Work/JUCE-master/extras/Introjucer/Builds/MacOSX/build/The Introjucer.build/Release/The Introjucer.build/Introjucer-project-headers.hmap" -Wreorder -F/Users/nicolas/Work/JUCE-master/extras/Introjucer/Builds/MacOSX/build/Release -I/Users/nicolas/Work/JUCE-master/extras/Introjucer/Builds/MacOSX/build/Release/include -I../../JuceLibraryCode "-I/Users/nicolas/Work/JUCE-master/extras/Introjucer/Builds/MacOSX/build/The Introjucer.build/Release/The Introjucer.build/DerivedSources/ppc" "-I/Users/nicolas/Work/JUCE-master/extras/Introjucer/Builds/MacOSX/build/The Introjucer.build/Release/The Introjucer.build/DerivedSources" -W -Wall -Wshadow -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wint-conversion -Wshadow -Wconstant-conversion -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wstrict-aliasing -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -c /Users/nicolas/Work/JUCE-master/extras/Introjucer/Builds/MacOSX/../../../../modules/juce_gui_extra/juce_gui_extra.mm -o "/Users/nicolas/Work/JUCE-master/extras/Introjucer/Builds/MacOSX/build/The Introjucer.build/Release/The Introjucer.build/Objects-normal/ppc/juce_gui_extra.o"

cc1objplus: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wint-conversion"
cc1objplus: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wconstant-conversion"

I should added that it compiles fine without the “-Wint-conversion” / “-Wconstant-conversion” flags (except that i get 334 warnings).

Gah… Trying to support old versions of GCC is such a pain. :frowning:

(Probably OT) but I do not understand why it seems to compile with “usr/bin/llvm-gcc-4.2” while the Xcode config is set to “LLVM Clang 1.0”?

Thanks, It compiles fine now but the 323 warnings are still there (almost 99% resulting from -Wshadow, plus few others).

Do i have to report them, or am i supposed to ignore them ?

I think the only ones left there will false alarms (i.e. later versions of the compiler don’t mis-report them), and all in 3rd-party libraries embedded in the juce tree. Unlike with VC, it’s not possible for me to easily suppress warnings in embedded code, so I’d suggest ignoring them until you upgrade your compiler.