iOS signing clarification "development team id"

hello,

I was a bit confused by the"development team id" field in the producer. I kept on putting in my"ios developer" 10 character certificate id copying the text from keychain access, and getting an error in xcode since it wasn’t correct. it seems that what it really wants is the id of the “organisational unit” which is the 10 character id associated with “Developer ID Application” in keychain access. this is what gets copied to the clipboard if I do apple C

might be nice to label that more clearly in producer

cheers

1 Like

or perhaps point to the apple membership page https://developer.apple.com/account/#/membership/ where it is clearly called development team id, as described in the producer

1 Like

Yes, that sounds reasonable. I’m not even sure if it is the development team id though - at least not for ROLI on macOS. See this thread on the only reliable way I’ve been able to obtain the correct id:

1 Like

Thanks, my actual Team ID was altered to a single word made of capital letters and numbers, in case anyone’s unsure of whether it looks correct.

Sorry to revive this,
But as I’m about to release a self app on the App Store,
putting my Developer ID “single word” seems to not work with personal (paid but it was also broken before) account.

With a company account it does work.
Didn’t diff yet the pbxproj.

Ok, I’ve figured it out.

Not sure why is the company ID match the ID for the cert and Team.

@olilarkin was clearly right:

or perhaps point to the apple membership page https://developer.apple.com/account/#/membership/ where it is clearly called development team id, as described in the producer

The projucer gives a wrong hint at least on my personal case.

As it’s clearly at least now the Organizational Unit which will show up on your issued cert when double clicking (or on the link above).

I’ve also checked not sure if it’s a diff between single developer and a company or just a change by Apple.
Anyway there was at least the state where both were the same:

Yeah the documentation for that setting is a bit out of date. I’ve updated it here:

1 Like