Is there an online activation key management service?

First of all I would not recommend the Paddle SDK for plugins, its simply not designed for it and I wish I’d had the foresight and knowledge to check before I went down a black hole trying to make it work (on Windows - I just about got it working on Mac). So I’d only recommend it for standalone apps.

Yes we’re still using the deprecated C++ SDK on Windows. The wrapper code is here https://gist.github.com/adamski/7a4fcb91925fd9f73ae849842f918cbb

I’m considering wrapping the newer SDKs for use in C++ but it’s not a priority at the moment.

this is for a desktop application. the problem for me is i can’t use the legacy C++ sdk, because it’s no longer supported (you’re aware they’re pulling the rug on you with that, right?), so i need to use the “new hotness” which is C#. trouble is my app is pure C++ and i’ve never used C#. i can’t believe there is no C++ wrapper for this insanity. :frowning: can i PAY you to make a c-api DLL that wraps all this up so i don’t even need to KNOW about C#? :smiley:

2 Likes

They made it very clear to me that it was unsupported, although we started using it before that. The API calls it makes still work and should for the foreseeable future. They deprecated it basically because hardly anyone was using it.

Yeah you could pay me to do that, just depends on how soon you need it…!

Does the service require the SDK, or could it also be done with direct calls to their REST API?

I need it ASAP.

@cpr the point of using the API is it puts up the shopping cart user interface and handles the entire transaction from entering the user’s creds, and any coupopn they may have, to taking their payment method, doing the charge, delivering the serial number on successful charge, and handing the SN back to the calling app. if i’m using REST calls, then i’m responsible for the whole user interface.

@adamski assuming i need it ASAP, how much would you charge? i’d like to call it from non-managed C / C++ code. ie: i do NOT want to have to link in any dotnet stuff to my app (okay if the dll that you would create links to that stuff but that’d be on your side of the fence, right?). or let me know if i’m not understanding. if this project sounds interesting to you, we should just start emailing or set up skype chat or something?

@adamski I don’t know if this entices you any further, but i would release all your code (your “C++ SDK for Paddle”) under LGPL. i’d want anyone to have access to it.

ps: eSellerate said they’d support their SDK for the “foreseeable future” and now here we are: they’ve given me three months to shove off cuz they’re pulling the plug. so i don’t trust using anything but the latest, supported SDK from anyone. and even then…

Hi @davecotter,

We have a C++ static client library in KEYZY and it’s ready to use. If you like to have a look, let me know.

Hi Guys,

DevMate is closing, https://announcement.devmate.com/.