Issues with the new JUCE 5 Projucer

I pulled the latest master from GIT and compiled it but still suffering from this. There are also random crashes very often when switching between windows. Stopping the application from Build menu works ok.

Theres all kinds of random behaviour and sometimes lack of any action when doing changes to the code.

Also, when clicking the compile error messages in the “Errors” view, many times the Projucer does not take the cursor to the line of code where the error is.

What is the intended purpose of “Play button” on each component listed in the Components menu???

Ok, the component window opens but none of Zoom, Set Size, Reinstantiate or View Code buttons do anything. Flip orientation works but that’s about it. The component can also be resized by dragging but it does not affect anything in the code or when running the application.

New one : when I update the juce modules folder locations, if the modules were from JUCE 4 before, and from JUCE 5 after, I get some chaos on the settings page and on the left panel, the modules are still said to be from JUCE 4.3.1

Example of what I said :

1 Like

Thanks @IvanC, I’ve just pushed a fix for this to the develop branch.

1 Like

Old small one but with a screen capture this time :

As you can see on the bottom left, the “folder” label has a size problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

Old small one again, it’s about the rename TextEditor :

Both issues are happening on Windows 8.1 with the last JUCE 5.0.2

The rename box issue should be fixed on develop

1 Like

New issue about the global module folders with VS2015.

If I want to include a user module in a project, using the global folder option, everything is fine on the Projucer side :

• In the Global Search Paths menu entry from the Projucer, I have written a location like “XXXXX/modules/” for the User Modules
  • When I try to add my user module in a project, I find it in “Global User Modules path” and the addition works

However, if I open the project on VS2015 and try to compile it, it doesn’t work. That’s because :

• the module is added in the JuceHeader.h like that : <module_name/module_name.h> which is fine
  • in the solution properties, C++, General, Additional Include Properties, the associated entry is “XXXX\modules\module_name” but it should be “XXXXXX\modules” instead

So right now, the global user module path feature can’t be used at all, because the generated VS2015 project can’t be compiled with custom modifications.

And thanks again by the way guys for all the previous issues solving !

Same issue on Mac OS X

Thanks Ivan, this should be fixed on develop now (the folder label too).

1 Like

New issue ! Let’s say the UI styles for the Projucer and the text are all “dark”.

Sometimes, when I’m watching a source code file in the Projucer on Windows, and that I save the whole project with the associated menu, I see the AlertWindow with the progress of the saving appearing. Then it disappears. And then the source code UI style switches from dark to light, and I need to put it back to dark if I want to see something :slight_smile:

Yeah I’ve noticed this occasionally too. Can’t find a way to reliably reproduce it yet but I’m looking into it

1 Like

On Win10 x64 Projucer V5.1.1

• Live window footer buttons are not working for me as well
  • when editing the code there is a weird behavior of line selection through mouse dragging: mouse down + mouse move up will randomly select multi-lines of code instead of the desired line.

I have experienced the dark/light theme issue also.

I have seen a bug in the Projucer generated code for audio plug-ins (PluginProcessor.h)

#ifdef JucePlugin_IsMidiEffect

should be

#if JucePlugin_IsMidiEffect

1 Like

Thanks for reporting. A fix will appear on the develop branch shortly.

1 Like

New minor issue with the Projucer : it seems that in the last develop branch Projucer Projucer project (!), the Projucer icon in not included in all the exporters

I’ve noticed an odd ongoing issue with Projucer (4 & 5) when coming back from the background.

Many times I’ll open up Projucer, make a change to a project, save it and open in Xcode, and forget to quit Projucer. After working in Xcode for while, I’ll switch to Projucer but it seems like it’s not responding, even clicking on it’s icon says “Application not responding” but after some period of time, it revives and seems fine.

Ah. Good spot! A fix will appear shortly.

1 Like

New issue of the day :slight_smile:

When I create a new VS2017 exporter, by default in the Debug configuration the entry “Debug Information Format” is now set to “None”. It should be set by default at “Program Database /Zi” at least I think :wink:

1 Like