Joining two subpaths

Hello all!

I have the following issue: I have two subpaths that I am trying to join. See the following pic:

I would like to know what the easiest way of joining the two centered arc subpaths around the left-most box. I would also like to know how to change the color. Here is a code snippet of what I am currently doing:

if (m_status[i] == 1){
	        g.setColour (Colours::yellow.withAlpha (1.f));
	    }
	    else if (m_status[i] == 2){
	        g.setColour (Colours::red.withAlpha (1.f));
	    }
	    else {
	        g.setColour (Colours::green.withAlpha (1.f));
	    }
if (m_xVel[i] == 0.f && m_yVel[i] == 0.f){
            angle = m_heading[i];
        }
        else {
            angle = atan2(m_yVel[i],m_xVel[i])+MY_PI;
        }
        myPath.addCentredArc( fvX, 
                              fvY,
                              VEHICLE_SPIN_RADIUS * (float)getWidth() / MAP_WIDTH_MM, 
                              angle, // rotate by velocity vector
                              0.f,
                              MY_PI, 
                              true);
        /*float xs,ys,xe,ye;
        xs = myPath.getBounds().getX()*cos(angle);
        ys = myPath.getBounds().getX()*sin(angle);
        xe = (myPath.getBounds().getX()+(2.f*VEHICLE_SPIN_RADIUS * (float)getWidth() / MAP_WIDTH_MM))*cos(angle);
        ye = (myPath.getBounds().getX()*(2.f*VEHICLE_SPIN_RADIUS * (float)getHeight() / MAP_HEIGHT_MM))*sin(angle);
        l.setStart(xs,ys);
        l.setEnd(xe,ye);
        g.drawArrow(l,3,0,0);*/

//myPath.lineTo(xs+m_xVel[i]*CRITICAL_TIME* (float)getWidth() / MAP_WIDTH_MM,ys+fvY + m_yVel[i]*CRITICAL_TIME* (float)getHeight() / MAP_HEIGHT_MM);
        /*if (i==0){
            //m_xVel[i] -= 1000;
            m_yVel[i] += 200;

} debug for juce forum screenshot*/
        myPath.addCentredArc( fvX + m_xVel[i]*CRITICAL_TIME* (float)getWidth() / MAP_WIDTH_MM, 
                              fvY + m_yVel[i]*CRITICAL_TIME* (float)getHeight() / MAP_HEIGHT_MM,
                              angle, // rotate by velocity vector
                              MY_PI,
                              2.f*MY_PI, 
                              true);
        g.strokePath (myPath, PathStrokeType (3.0f));

Currently, I have a status int (m_status[i]) that I am trying to use to set the color, but despite the status triggering the different conditions, the color remains the same. So I don’t think I’m understanding how strokePath works. Any help on the two issues I’m having would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Solved my own problem. For those who might be interested:

• I was starting a new subpath for the second centered arc. Once I changed the final arg of the second call to addCentredArc to false, it connected the two pieces of the subpath (from end of first to start of second)
  • I was then able to use the closeSubPath() method to connect the end of the second arc of the subpath to the start of the first arc.

Now, I have a single subpath that is closed, and now when I call strokePath the color as indicated by my status int is properly displayed.