juce::AudioProcessorValueTreeState::SliderAttachment for Parameters

Before I head off down this rabbit hole, I am wondering if there is a way to use juce::AudioProcessorValueTreeState::SliderAttachment to interface sliders with AutomatableParameters in TracktionEngine?..or do I just role my own similar functionality?

I’ve never really used any of the SliderAttachment classes so am not really sure.
It might be possible if you wrapped the tracktion_engine::AutomatableParameter in some kind of juce::RangedParameter but I’m not really sure without doing more digging.

Well, actually that is still helpful. I have been looking at the code for the SliderAttachment related classes and had come to the conclusion that RangedParameter might be the key, or at least a starting point.

This still might turn out to be more trouble than its worth, but the features provided by the SliderAttachment infrastructure are very compelling. It would be nice to have that in TrackTionEngine.

I will give it a go. But I am still mindful of the fact that I may very well end up just pulling out certain features and using them in my own code. But, that is definitely my second choice, since I want very much to leverage all the great work embodied in the SliderAttachment classes. I am sure there are at least a dozen edge cases already taken care of in that code. It would be great to simply be able to use all that proven functionality.

If I come up with anything, I will be sure to post here.

Thank you!