JUCE with GUI turned off

Hi,
I am building the JUCE lib on Linux and using in a console app, so I don’t want GUI, and turned off the JUCE_BUILD_GUI_CLASSES flag. JUCE lib build properly, but when I build my console application I got linking errors like "juce_AudioDeviceManager.cpp:457: undefined reference to `juce::MidiInput::getDevices()’ ".
When I looked for MidiInput::getDevices(), I found it in juce_linux_Midi.cpp under the #if JUCE_BUILD_GUI_CLASSES. And that’s why it is not been compiled.
For initialization of juce I am using initialiseJuce_NonGUI() API in my console application.

Thanks,
Santo.

My application is command line on Linux platform without GUI.
Sorry it was my mistake.

Santo.

Just to clarify, I am still running into the compilation problem. Has anyone been able to build juce on Linux without windowing support?

Thanks,
Santo.

I’ve built stuff like that - maybe try using the amalgamated build, same way as it’s done in the amalgamator project.

When I tried to build amalgamated I got following errors:
…/…/juce_amalgamated.h:1206:1: error: unterminated #ifndef
…/…/juce_amalgamated.h:61:1: error: unterminated #ifndef
…/…/juce_amalgamated.h:50:1: error: unterminated #ifndef
…/…/juce_amalgamated.h:44:1: error: unterminated #ifndef

Any idea…?

Thanks for your reply Jules!

Sounds like you might have buggered up your copy of the amalgamated file - I can’t think of any other way it’d suddenly have missing endifs…

Thanks Jules for your reply!!!

I took the latest copy of amalgamated files .h and .cpp
I tuned off the following flags by commenting those:
1. JUCE_ASIO
2. JUCE_ALSA
3. JUCE_QUICKTIME
4. JUCE_BUILD_GUI_CLASSES

and tried to build the amalgamated. It build it but getting linking errors, such as: (there are lots of errors)
undefined reference to juce::MidiOutput::getDevices()' undefined reference tojuce::KeyPress::downKey’
undefined reference to `juce::DragAndDropContainer::performExternalDragDropOfFiles(juce::StringArray const&, bool)’

So could you please help me in building JUCE on LINUX without GUI.

Thanks,
Santo.

No time to look into this right now, but it’s probably all just trivial stuff. I’ll take a look next time I’m doing some linux changes…

Thank you Jules for reply.
I do understand your priorities.

Any one else can help me in this?

Thanks,
Santo.