Label::setEditable(true, false,...)

Hi Jules,

When calling setEditable on a Label with single click set to true, and double click set to false, the first click of a double click will trigger the single click operation. I don’t recall exactly windows behaviour, but on a mac I would expect to get behavior consistent with finder, iTunes, etc… where a single click on a selected row triggers the edit operation and a double click triggers the action. This doesn’t seem possible as is.

So, is there a built in way to attain this behaviour? And if not, maybe it is justified to have it added?

Thanks,
Graeme

hmm… no easy way to do that. It’d need to set off a timer on the first click, and then cancel the timer if the second click arrives, etc… all a bit of a PITA.

PITA? That almost makes me sorry for taking the time to provide feedback!

Label::setEditable(true, false) doesn’t work. If you don’t feel the user experience argument justifies the difficulty of the problem, then a simple acknowledgement of the bug would do. I don’t exactly expect you to drop everything and make it top priority.

Woah, steady on there! I wasn’t criticising you or your much-appreciated feedback! It’s just one of those annoying features that’d be more of a hassle to write than it sounds. If it was a 5-minute job, I’d have just done it without question, but it’ll have to wait until I’m doing work in that class and can shuffle a few things around to get it to work.

It’s all good. I was only “almost sorry”. :wink: But thanks for the improved response. Indeed it is helpful to know what the situation is and I’ll just do my own workaround for now. Cheers!

Graeme