Launching a dialog on Android in Kiosk Mode disables Kiosk Mode

Hi, this is reproducible in the demo app.

Add:
Desktop::getInstance().setKioskModeComponent (this, false);

After line 131 in Main.cpp to set Kiosk mode.
Run the app, go to DialogsDemo and launch a dialog and the top status bar comes back. Making the app lose and regain focus makes it disappear again.

This is reproducible on my hardware device and in the emulator.

thx

bump

bump

@lukasz.k hi - could someone acknowledge/take a look at this please - I raised it 3 weeks ago and it’s been a long standing issue.

1 Like

Yes, we’ll take a look at it. We realise it can be frustrating when we can’t fix things immediately, but this hasn’t yet bubbled up to the top of our list of things to do.

That’s fine and understand that totally - actually, the more frustrating part is the no acknowledgement for multiple weeks, not knowing if anyone is aware of the situation and is looking into it.

The JUCE team reads every forum post. So, if you mention anything on here it’ll go into our backlog unless it’s serious enough to address immediately.

Fair enough, but writing a simple comment “entered into backlog” would also be useful communication. It’s nice to be able to tell my complaining customers that something is being looked into.

1 Like

Hi, any further updates on this? I’m not sure whether fixing issues on Android isn’t a massive priority, but this is a JUCE supported platform and this is an annoying client facing issue which makes our apps released on Android look unprofessional.