Link Error

Hi Jules,

I’ve just updated today to the latest git trunk and get this error at link time for the release version of my app (works fine for the debug one and I tried a clean build)
10.5 base SDK

Undefined symbols:
OBJC_CLASS$_CIContext”, referenced from:
objc-class-ref-to-CIContext in JuceLibraryCode4.o

Does it ring a bell ?

Thanks,

You might need to add the QuartzCore framework to your project (the introjucer should add it automatically if you use it to manage the project)

That did the trick.

Thanks,

hmm, I just rebuilt from the latest GIT and Im having a few linking errors as well, looks like CoreAudio? (although CoreAudio seems to be linked…)

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
  "_AudioFileGetGlobalInfo", referenced from:
      juce::CoreAudioFormat::CoreAudioFormat() in JuceLibraryCode4.o
  "_AudioFileOpenWithCallbacks", referenced from:
      juce::CoreAudioReader::CoreAudioReader(juce::InputStream*) in JuceLibraryCode4.o
  "_ExtAudioFileWrapAudioFileID", referenced from:
      juce::CoreAudioReader::CoreAudioReader(juce::InputStream*) in JuceLibraryCode4.o
  "_ExtAudioFileGetProperty", referenced from:
  "_ExtAudioFileSetProperty", referenced from:
  "_ExtAudioFileSeek", referenced from:
      juce::CoreAudioReader::readSamples(int**, int, int, long long, int) in JuceLibraryCode4.o
  "_ExtAudioFileRead", referenced from:
      juce::CoreAudioReader::readSamples(int**, int, int, long long, int) in JuceLibraryCode4.o
  "_ExtAudioFileDispose", referenced from:
      juce::CoreAudioReader::~CoreAudioReader() in JuceLibraryCode4.o
  "_AudioFileClose", referenced from:
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

"_AudioFileGetGlobalInfo", referenced from:

juce::CoreAudioFormat::CoreAudioFormat() in JuceLibraryCode4.o

"_AudioFileOpenWithCallbacks", referenced from:

"_ExtAudioFileWrapAudioFileID", referenced from:

"_ExtAudioFileGetProperty", referenced from:

"_ExtAudioFileSetProperty", referenced from:

"_ExtAudioFileSeek", referenced from:

"_ExtAudioFileRead", referenced from:

"_ExtAudioFileDispose", referenced from:

"_AudioFileClose", referenced from:

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

You need the Quartzcore framework for those. Again, if you use the latest version of the introjucer, it should sort that out for you automatically.

Hmm, the project was generated with the introjucer and it appears to be linked? (see image attached), thanks!

The screenshot really wasn’t necessary, I’ve seen a failed link before!

Maybe you’re not running the latest introjucer? If you are, it should add quartzcore to the frameworks.

Ah, looks like I hadn’t recompiled IntroJucer in a couple days, doh! Not sure why manually linking myself didn’t work, but recompiled introjucer, and reopened the project and its working well. Thanks link master!

(Sorry, I actually didn’t mean quartzcore, I meant audiotoolkit…)