I am posting this as a new topic, because it is a new issue:
I have spend thelast three days researching a problem on Windows. The linker would take hours to build a project that took him minutes to link. Now I have found that this caused by the external libraries that are included in the project file for building the SharedCode library, which is redundant, because they are included in project file for the binary. It looks like it causes the linker a lot of time to process the redundancy.
I have now removed the external dependencies and the resource file from the SharedCode project and now, I got a Windows project I can work with. It is unfortunate though, because we use Projucer heavily and rely on the ability to generate Windows projects for the build server, which means we hardly have to leave our primary development platform, which is Mac OS.
With this behavior, we are forced to manually post process the WIndows project files.