Logic - Parameter automation display limit for JUCE plugins?

I seem to be unable to get anything more than 28 parameters to display in the automation list, has anyone else experienced this?

I thought it was maybe a limit in Logic itself, but Kontakt (for example) has no problem displaying 512

I tried in a JUCE demo plugin as well, just to be sure I wasn’t doing anything weird, I changed the constructor for the NoiseGate demo plugin to:

NoiseGate()
    : AudioProcessor (BusesProperties().withInput  ("Input",     AudioChannelSet::stereo())
                                       .withOutput ("Output",    AudioChannelSet::stereo())
                                       .withInput  ("Sidechain", AudioChannelSet::stereo()))
{
    addParameter (threshold = new AudioParameterFloat ("threshold", "Threshold", 0.0f, 1.0f, 0.5f));
    addParameter (alpha     = new AudioParameterFloat ("alpha",     "Alpha",     0.0f, 1.0f, 0.8f));

for (int i = 0; i < 30; i++)
        addParameter (new AudioParameterFloat ("alpha-" + String (i),     "Alpha-" + String (i),     0.0f, 1.0f, 0.8f));
}

This will display the original Threshold and Alpha and then only 26 of my new “Alphas”

It’s probably worth noting that they all display correctly in Reaper, so it’s definitely a Logic thing, but since Kontakt is fine, I’m assuming its a Logic with JUCE thing.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might begin looking?

Unfortunately this is nothing to do with JUCE.

Logic will not display parameters beyond 28 until you have more than 46, when it will show all of them again.

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Huh… How weird.

Thanks very much for the heads up, you’ve saved me potential hours of poking around

I encountered the same issue a while back

This thread just reminded me to send Apple a bug report :slight_smile: hopefully they correct this with future versions of Logic

1 Like

Got a response from Apple and they were able to reproduce the issue in Logic X 10.4.1. A fix has been made and should show up in the next Logic update! :smiley:

2 Likes

Excellent news, where did you report it? I couldn’t find any decent places to report bugs for actual products. I found the developer stuff for SDKs etc. but the products alluded me

Their feedback page is located here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

1 Like