Mac OSX deployment target 10.8 and C++14

Hey jucers!!
I’ve been working on a project that requires Mac OSX 10.8 compatibility, and the only way I could get it compiling was using C++11. The catch is it that I really would like to be able to use the DSP module as well.

Am I missing something here? Is there a way to get 10.8 compatibility with C++14?

Thanks!

I have C++14 and Deployment Target set to 10.7 and it compiles fine. The Video module requires a new deployment target… so if you can, exclude that module from your project.

Rail

1 Like

Nice, removed the video module!
But now I get the <atomic> header missing (exactly at juce_dsp.h) :confused: Using 10.8 with C++14
Looking into apple docs to see if there’s something I can do about it!

Thanks for the prompt response! @Rail_Jon_Rogut

I don’t believe I had to change anything on MacOS for Atomic… Looking at my main header I have:

#if defined(_MSC_VER)
    #include <atomic>
#endif

Rail

hahahaha… I changed a bunch of stuff… nothing… then I set it to the LLVM libc++ lib instead of Use default… and it worked! I thought LLVM lib was the default for mac.

Okay… I’m good here… and don’t know exactly what happened… But thanks for the help!!

I had a hunch about that might be the issue, I had earlier: the deployment setting changes the defaults for std lib and compiler variant, so I used to explicitly set it…
I think 10.8 to 10.9 is the crucial spot…

1 Like

Ohh… that makes much more sense now! I didn’t think that default settings would change for different deploy targets.
Thanks a lot for the elucidation!!