Mac VST3 and AU build fails - "Command PhaseScriptExecution failed with a nonzero exit code"

Standalone builds fine. When I try to build VST3 or AU, however, it fails with this message

/Users/finbar/Documents/GitHub/Drip-VST/Builds/MacOSX/build/Debug/Droplets.vst3: code object is not signed at all
In architecture: x86_64

/Users/finbar/Documents/GitHub/Drip-VST/Builds/MacOSX/build/Debug/Droplets.vst3: resource fork, Finder information, or similar detritus not allowed

Command PhaseScriptExecution failed with a nonzero exit code

I’m on JUCE v7.0.9 and XCode 15.2. Any ideas what’s going on? Much appreciated.

Try trashing your builds folder in the project directory!

Still no luck unfortunately. The error occurs even with new projects and the example projects.

If you use iCloud/Dropbox etc., these services sometimes add metadata to files that prevents them from being signed. If that’s the case, try moving your project directory to a different location that isn’t automatically backed up. You will need to remove the Builds folder completely after doing so.

I’ve had this a couple times. It is a super cryptic one. for me it was when i had circular dependencies. So there might be something that is causing the linker to fail.

AHH this was it, thanks so much! :sweat_smile: