Mactel

Howdy Jules,

Just wandering what the skinny is with Juce and the Intel Macs?? Do you anticipate any problems with the current Juce on Intel Mac? Do you plan to get an Intel Mac anytime soon??!!!

Cheers,
graf.

At least one person’s had it running on intel, though I’ve not got a machine myself yet.

Anyone know if the new MacBooks can run Windows? I need a new PC laptop anyway, and would love to get one of those if it can do both…

Unfortunately, that’s very hard. Because MacBook firmware is EFI, not BIOS. Currently windows does not support EFI…

I would LOVE to JUCE to support x86 Mac ASAP. Because Apple announced that they will release Logic Pro universal binary update in March.

I’ve got a confimation by my boss to use JUCE for our next product if it can build x86 Mac plugins…

Best regards,
Masanao Hayashi

Oh, it’ll certainly work by then - as I say, it already compiles for intel, and has been run by at least one person with no problems.

At the line 284 of the juce_mac_Windowing.cpp,

{
            for (int y = 0; y < h; ++y)
            {
                uint32* const lineData = (uint32*) (imageData + lineStride * y);

for (int x = 0; x < w; ++x)
                    lineData[i] = CFSwapInt32BigToHost (lineData[i]);
            }
        }

}

The “i” should be “x”? That’s very tiny bug. :slight_smile:

I’ll try to run my project on DTK tomorrow! Thanks!

Best regards,
Masanao Hayashi

oh, well spotted… strange that I didn’t see that one.

I tested my project on DTK. Basically, it worked!! Cool!!

I found a problem. The internal audio device was listed separately. I saw “HD Audio Input” and “HD Audio Output”. They should be handled as one device. But it was on DTK, not on iMac. I don’t know the result on Intel iMac… And I don’t know the problem is OS bug or not.

Thanks! It’s time to buy JUCE!! :smiley:

Best regards,
Masanao Hayashi

Wouldn’t have thought the CPU would make any difference to the CoreAudio code, so must be a driver wierdness on the DTK.

But if the two devices do show up separately, I can’t think of any way in juce of making them stick together - you’d need to set up an aggregated device.

Typically many USB devices appear as 2 device in the system, one for the input endpoint, one for the output endpoint, so you should expect this behaviour when dealing with I/O on OSX. Only with a custom driver this doesn’t happen.