Just wanted to give you my test results regarding the current status of Juce (r680) on mac regarding plugin use.
- AULab 2: Works fine
- Digital Performer 6.02: Display correctly but don’t receive mouse events
- Garage Band 3: Works fine
- Live 7.07:
- AU: UI not displayed and uses generic AU view (crashes when closing window)
- VST: Works fine
- Logic 8.02: freeze the host
- Cubase 4.5.2: Works fine but display wrong plugin name and offset in the UI covering Cubase plugin header
I wasn’t able to test on Protools 8 so far because as soon as I add PT SDK xconfig, JuceDemoPlugin doesn’t build. errors on obj C code.
(juce_LibrarySource.mm) using PT SDK 7.3(does it require SDK 8.0 ?)
By the way, it can be interresting to add an SDK folder in the audio plugins folder where you will put VST and PT SDK so you won’t need to hack the xcodeproj to remove references to jules own home directory. (for header path and PT xconfig)