Current status of Juce plugin support on Mac with cocoa

I for one vote for a new release at current point…

Hi Jules,

Is it possible to build a carbon version with the current tip using some ifdef ?

Thanks,

I have some issue with the tip where the (RTAS plugin) editor is drawn behind the host’s plugin window instead of on top of it.
This happens on Pro Tools (Mac) when Apple’s Spaces are used and the plugin is shown in front. It does not seem to happen if the plugin has keyboard focus.

Has anyone an idea why this may happen or even better, how to solve this?

[quote=“otristan”]Hi Jules,

Is it possible to build a carbon version with the current tip using some ifdef ?

Thanks,[/quote]

No, the carbon code is gone forever. (And good riddance!)

[quote=“jules”]
No, the carbon code is gone forever. (And good riddance!)[/quote]

oki doki.

Thanks,

I have two problems with UI:

1. There is no GUI in AU in ILive(VST - ok, XCode demo wih Cocoa - ok).
  2. AlertWindow work incorrectly. After enterModalLoop() window openes, enteres modal state, but it undo then plugin window. And it can’t receive keybords messages(can’t write to edit box). Mouse works fine.

AlertWindow can be fixed via setAlwaysOnTop(true) before enterModalLoop().
Edit box on AlertWindow can be fixed via alertWindow->setWantKeyboardFocus(true). But edit box is not active after opening.

And new problem:
Window can not receive mouseMove(…), but mouseDrag(…) works fine.

Thanks.

[quote=“jules”][quote=“otristan”]Hi Jules,

Thanks,[/quote]

No, the carbon code is gone forever. (And good riddance!)[/quote]

Considering that the carbon code worked (almost) well in all hosts, I wonder how many people actually share this opinion.

Well, I think Apple share that opinion, and that’s quite significant!

But when I finally find time to add some legacy carbon support for the AU build, it should be compatible with more hosts than it was before…