Mingw 32 bit problem in latest


#1

I can compile the JUCE 3.0.7 with mingw 64 bit (as long as I don't include the video module, as mentioned in another post).

But using 32-bit I'm having some issues.

First, I had to modify the "juce_BasicNativeHeaders.h" to have:


 #if JUCE_MINGW
    #define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0501
    #undef _NO_OLDNAMES
    #undef __STRICT_ANSI__
    #include <stdlib.h>
    #include <stdint.h>
    #include <string.h>
#else 

Now things compile, except for "juce_data_structures.cpp", which complains about a lot of things it shouldn't.

Seems that it does not include the juce_BasicNativeHeaders.h ...

Is there a better place to make my header-include change?


#2

I don't have a 64-bit version to try, but the 32-bit version still works, so I'd need more info about why you're suggesting those additions before I could consider them.

Is it straightforward to install a 64-bit mingw? e.g. with code::blocks? If it's not a total nightmare then I'll give it a try...


#3

I don't know anything about code::blocks; I've been using the MXE ports of mingw (32 and 64), on Linux.

So far, the only platform for which everything works exactly for me is Linux :(

You are developing on OS/X, I guess?


#4

Wow, you're expecting a modified version of mingw to produce trustworthy Windows binaries when you're not even running it on Windows..!? Good luck with that!


#5

Well, yes; I've had no problems with it before.


#6

Well, I don't know whether this is just a hobby thing or whether you're planning on releasing these builds, but you're a braver man than I am if you're releasing exes that were built like that!


#7

These are intended to be released, it's not a hobby.

I did manage to get JUCE compiled w/ my mingw-32 on Linux, and the exe tests fine and the executed programs even look exactly the same on Linux and Win32... which is rather the point.

The reason I am not using MSVC is twofold:

First, I am really, really keen on using the same toolset on all platforms, as far as possible.  I've done a lot of work with the mingw toolchain, and found them quite reliable.  So now I've got Linux, Windows 32-bit and Android all working just fine w/ gcc.  There's some kind of problem w/ OS/X, which I've yet to figure out.

Second, I the build tools on Windows are (really) bad, and not conducive to batch building.  

I guess a third reason is I'm not interested in paying MS for a properly supported version of MSVC...