Minimize an application as a system tray icon

Hi everybody ! Hi Jules and thanks for the 8 releases of Juce I have missed :lol: :lol: :lol: (always so fast !!!)

I have a question : is it possible to minimize an application as a system tray icon with Juce ?

Thanks !!!

PS. Juce is and stays my prefered library for doing everything in C++, for audio or not applications :smiley:

Welcome back - yes, thereā€™s a TaskbarIconComponent class in there somewhere for that kind of thing.

Thank you very much ! Thatā€™s great ! :smiley:

And while Iā€™m hereā€¦ Is it possible to add a ā€œmessageā€ on the system tray icon ? (like when you deconnect something of the computer, with a cross to close the messageā€¦)

I havenā€™t done any support for that, but you could just use a component for it.

Yes youā€™re right :wink: I had forgotten it is possible to add some components outside the windowā€¦

And thanks again !

Another questionā€¦ I want to use the system tray icon to control the state of the main window. But Iā€™m not able to access to its properties. I have tried to use the findParentComponentOfClass but that doesnā€™t work, I got a null pointer. I have added the TaskbarIcon component to the desktopā€¦

Some ideas ? Thanks :wink:

[quote=ā€œWolfenā€]Another questionā€¦ I want to use the system tray icon to control the state of the main window. But Iā€™m not able to access to its properties. I have tried to use the findParentComponentOfClass but that doesnā€™t work, I got a null pointer. I have added the TaskbarIcon component to the desktopā€¦

Some ideas ? Thanks :wink:[/quote]

ā€¦erm, why not just pass your tray icon a pointer to the main window when itā€™s createdā€¦?

Why I have not thought about it myself before asking :oops: (ermā€¦ maybe because I donā€™t search enough ?)

I promise, I wonā€™t ask stupid questions anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

And to changeā€¦ Thanks ! :lol: (that works)