MultiOutSynth Demo: no audio (host = Reaper) Also other attempts at using Synthesizer class same problem

Is anyone else having trouble with Synthesizer class in Reaper? I have a VST plugin sampler working that simply loads a Sample Buffer from an audio reader and then responds to Note On during the Processor audio block. But then I decided I wanted to try out the Synthesizer classes, and can’t get them to work. I tried using the MultiOutSynth demo as-is and I get no response to the midi input in Reaper. As far as I can tell, it loads the sample and initializes correctly. I also tried with the sine synth class from another demo project and had the same result. Is there something else that needs to be done or should I be able to use that demo as-is without modification?

@daniel I’m not sure if you’re the right person to report this to, but you are the only “admin” I have been in contact with.

I discovered the source of my woes (see above) was a setting in the MultiOutSynthTutorial.jucer file that was included with the tutorial zip package. It had not been configured to accept MIDI input, which seems odd for a tutorial on the Synthesizer class. Once I checked the box for MIDI input and then re-exported my project to VS2017, everything magically worked itself out.

Great, thanks for reporting back. Yes, I still have the admin status on the board, but I am no longer staff at Roli. However, feel free to address me, whenever you see fit, I am still quite interested in JUCE and it’s developments, even though now again from the outside.

The change for the jucer file of the tutorial download is something, that @ed95 would be the best person to speak to. But usually they all (Ed, Tom and Jules) read all posts if possible and react or chime in if needed.

Thanks, Daniel, for the clarification. I’ll address future inquiries/reports of this nature to Ed.

I’ll take a look, thanks for letting us know.