Native FileChooser not showing on Win7

Hi JUCE team @fr810 @attila

Just got another issue reported from user.

Currently, when using the native dialog window for the FileChooser on Windows7, the dialog box will not appear, works fine on Win11 and Mac.

Seems like a problem for years, I’m using the latest JUCE development commit.
Please check this out.

There’re still lots of Win7 users, it’s the third most on Windows, you can check the number I posted below, 10% Windows means 50% Mac users.

10% Windows user amount = 50% Mac user amount

That doesn’t break it down into how many systems are running audio software though… which is a different percentage of the Windows user base in general which are only using it for business apps.

Rail

If you insist…

poll ended in Jan 05 2016 :slight_smile:

It’s only showing the system ratio between producers on Windows and Mac, quite even. I’m not sure if one or another is more active due to the system, but Win7 still has huge amount users.

I just released my plugin, thousands of download, less than 10 bug report, 2 are from Win7 users, one using Reaper 6.6+, one using Ableton 9.

Hope JUCE have the data for active system user ratio, that’ll be more precise. But data from JUCE isn’t what the data from the whole industry.

By all means, hope JUCE can support as much user as possible, it will make JUCE more appealing.

Another secret sharing: people who don’t update frequently tend to be older, less busy, richer, that’s an amazing target market, why ignore?